Monday, August 18, 2008

The Hogwarts Robe-like shirt!

I made this thing last year for Deathly Hallows realeasing night and Order of the Phoenix premier, using an awsome Howgarts Polo I found in a thirft store.. I made a how to by request on T-shirt Surgery, but it was kind of crappy. The folks at The Leaky Cauldron crafts asked to put it on their site, so I wanted to make a better one before that. And now here you have the imporved tutorial.


Note: I made my Robe using a Hogwarts Polo, so it already had the letters and the H. This intruccions are for making a plain black robe.
Ingredients:
  • 1 Black Polo shirt that is too big for you (at least 1-2 sizes bigger).
  • 1 Smaller black polo (big enouogh to make a the hood)
  • Sissors
  • Thread
  • Aprox 1 1/2 m yellow bias tape
  • Sewing machine (or hand sewing needle if you're not lazy as me)
Instructions:

1. Try on the big Polo and cut like in the picture. Make sure you cut of the neck. DONT CUT THE BACK!!!!


2. Take the small polo and cut a hood shape.
3. Then sew around the pointed line.


4. Pin and sew the hood to the neck of the Robe.
5. Then sew a bias tape all around the +++ lines.


6. Attach a button on one side of the opening and make a hole in the other to hold the Robe closed.


7. (OPTIONAL) If you want to fit the Robe a bit more, attach 2 buttons on the back and then gather with a cord or a ribbon.



And that's it!!! You have a lovely Robe-like shirt!.

Comments are always nice ^^!!

1 comment:

Aphrodite Rose~Shaky Heart~ said...

This is AWESOME!!!! Naturally, I love everything Hogwarts, so I love this tut! I'm already gathering materials to make a Gryffindor robe-like shirt! Now if only I knew how to sew...